Thursday, April 17, 2008

An update...

Well, it's been awhile since my last post but a lot has happened recently in my life. My mom passed away in January from complications of elective surgery and I've been coming to grips with the loss and just trying to deal with life without her. She was 57. One never thinks about losing someone close - especially your mom; it's something you don't want to think about, knowing it will happen someday, but not today...I've been told the day will come when I can wake up in the morning and not immediately think about her, or not reach for the phone to call her for advice or to tell her how my day was. I've been told the day will come when the pain will subside enough that I won't cry everyday...I'm not there yet. So, I'm going to take one day at a time and do the best I can. If I can offer some advice - never take a moment with a loved one for granted and always tell them you love them!

No comments: