Thursday, November 12, 2009

Adornit Blog Hop!

Hi all! Hope you're having fun and feeling inspired as you hop around today. If this is your first blog stop of the day, you need to actually start here. This is my first time EVER posting anything for a Blog Hop! I'm so excited. I made two projects to share:



I apologize in advance for the pictures - I'm not the best photographer. Anyway, every year I make glass ornaments with my son. They are so simple but so much fun to make. You can get the glass ornaments from Michaels; four come in a pack. I filled mine with shredded Christmas paper and little silver stars (and of course you can't see them). You can also use 1/2 inch,
12x12 strips of paper that have been wrapped around a pencil to curl and then dropped through the top. Then I used some Making Memories rub-ons and added a cute little SEI tag from their Christmas Mint Collection embellished with a Making Memories Mistletoe star. Done - I told you it was simple.



Next, for my card I used the Top Note Die from Stampin' Up for the background adding a strip of adhesive paper ribbon from K&Company Smitten Collection; The tree stamp is from Pink Paislee's Tinsel Town Collection; added some glitter and bling. The greetings stamp is from the Spritz stamp set by American Crafts. I topped the card off with a little ribbon and a snowflake from Dazzlers by Petaloo. I wish the glitter came out better in the picture!



Thanks for stopping by! Now hop on over here and see what Michelle Price has to inspire you with! We're Making Merry today!

27 comments:

2amscrapper said...

Really cute ideas!

Scrapthat said...

Pretty! TFS

Mercedes said...

Gorgeous card and ornament! TFS!

laterg8r said...

beautiful ornament and card TFS :D

Jacqui Bourne said...

Great ideas! Love simple ones that I can do with my girls!! TFS!!

Viji Siddharth said...

SO very cute! Love the ornament!the card is very beautiful!Good Job!

Marla said...

Very pretty!! I LOVE that top note die!!

Sophia said...

Cute projects...

BethieJ said...

CUTE Ornament and Card!!!
Happy Hopping!

Janelle said...

so fun! lovely creations!

Ms D said...

What a cute ornament and card! Creative!!

Georgana Hall said...

Beautiful ornament and card. I am so happy you played along with us... sending you Adornit Cyber Hugs.

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful projects, love the card.

Unknown said...

I love this card. It's so sweet and delicate looking!

Samantha said...

love that card! the texture is great

belinda1 said...

CTMH is my favorite

Tracy said...

I really love the ornament ... but I also really love that card ... simple and beautiful ... tfs ...

valerie said...

great ornaments must see if I can get some in the UK

CathQuillScrap said...

I really like your simple projects... very effective. Thanks for sharing in the blog hop with me.

Simply Delightful in second grade said...

I love the ornament ~ very pretty.

toni said...

wow, what a pretty ornament, and
I love your sweet card.

pattyb said...

Great ideas...thanks so much.

dhillman said...

Very cute. I think I may try some of those ornaments this year.

crazyaboutcricut said...

I will definitely be lifting these ideas! TFS :)

Peggy said...

love the little ornaments - simple enough I can do these with my granddaughter - thanks for the idea.

Sandy said...

Nice card and ornament - love your son's cards, too!

Marygail said...

Cute card and love how you did your ornament :)